Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Hello to Blogger World

Okay, my first post. Writing is not my gift. I barely made it through school and I blame it all on English Composition! When we moved back to Auburn I had a fleeting thought of getting another degree until I remembered I would have to write a paper, or many papers, delete that idea!

I love photographs, so that will be my main thing. I used to scrapbook a lot when Kate was a baby and then along came Wheeler. Poor thing, second child never gets the picture books and memories the first one gets. I still have lots of paper and scrapbook stuff just gathering dust. Maybe this will be my new scrapbook, I'd like to find out if there is a way I can keep this stuff, maybe download it onto a disc once a year to chronicle our lives and have something for the kids.

When I do write, I hope I will be forgiven for my poor skills. My grammar is fine. I know when to say "me" and when to say "I", I know when not to say "was" and "at". But Jack, I may need some help with my run on sentences. I still don't know when you use a comma, a semi-colon, a colon etc... Actually that may be something we learn in 3rd grade this year! I think they are starting on sentence structure.

Now Kate loves to write so I will probably let her be our family journalist.

Thanks Amanda for doing this, I'm excited, I am having fun with it already.


post signature

2 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

So proud of you, too! I'm telling you THIS is addictive!!!!!

Daphine said...

From what I read so far...your writing is just fine! Don't let that keep you from having fun with us here in blogland! Your kiddos are absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I enjoyed visiting your blog and will visit again.