Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I got on the computer this morning and read all of my favorite blogs. I thought if anyone is reading mine that doesn't read these other 3 is really missing out. My friend at Where the Green Grass Grows (please check my friends blogs on the right hand column as I can't figure out how to put a link directly in a post) tells the best stories. She really has me laughing out loud or nodding my head in agreement with every post. I look forward to your posts every day Tiff, you add a smile to my day every time you have a new post.

My other favorites are Big Mama and The Pioneer Woman, usually also telling funny stories or posting about their daily life. But right now, Big Mama and The Pioneer Woman's family are in the Dominican Republic on a Compassion Trip. I hope you will check out their blogs as they are posting pictures and thoughts about this trip. Compassion is an organization where you sponsor a child to provide food and healthcare, and also you form a relationship with this child. I think if I can slow my self down tonight and realize how much I have and how much these people don't, I will show these posts to my children and probably sign up to sponsor a child.

Maybe I'll do some research, I know there are many organizations like this. Is there one that looks at some of the children right here in America? Maybe that is a much harder thing to do. I don't know, but I think it is important. For me and for my children. I'll keep you updated. I hope you will check out these blogs too as they are very interesting.

And on a lighter note, these 2 girls are just like me on a daily basis and their blogs are fun and head nodding too. Check out Ree on The Pioneer Woman, her love story of her and her husband is great, it is a novel you can't put down. The links are again in my right hand column, under my favorite sites.

I am also going to let Kate post about the election. It was a historic day, she might be the first 8 year old to actually vote in a presidential election! Though I do hope that who ever you voted for you are excited about the history that was made last night and how involved so many more people are in this process than ever before.

post signature

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Elizabeth, I was going to tell you to be sure to check out TPW and Big Mama. I have been in tears while reading their stories. I feel humbled that they would share their hearts and souls with the blogosphere! I told M today that we are going to sponsor a child. If nothing else, it will give them hope. Love you , girl!

Tiffany said...

Elizabeth - -M says you need to put the theme song from "Goodtimes" (With JJ). That would make it Dy-no-mite!