Thursday, November 27, 2008

Okay, I know, I haven't posted in a long time. I felt like I couldn't until I did something about sponsoring a child somewhere somehow. I have been waiting to hear from my church as I signed up a long time ago and was waiting for more sponsors before we could get the program going. I got an e-mail this week that says we can pick out our child this Sunday so the kids and I will do that and then I can fill you in on more details. I'm excited.

As for what we have been up to lately. Not a lot but it's been nice. Today is Thanksgiving and I am very full. We went to Joe's sister's house today and ate way too much. Joe's mom makes the best dressing and I just can't stop until it is time to go,and then we pack a lot more into tupperware containers and bring it home to eat more tomorrow. Actually, I'm thinking I might go eat some now....

We also went to my dad's for a short visit. He is doing a lot better. He doesn't have much of an appetite so he has lost a lot of weight. It is getting better though. He is eating a little and gaining strength. He is frustrated because it isn't moving fast enough for his satisfaction, but isn't that the way all recoveries go?

My birthday was Sunday. I've had a really nice week. We went to eat at a friends house Friday night and really had a good time. I thought about my parents as we finished our dinner but still sat at the dining room table for a long time after and just talked and laughed. I remember my parents having people over for dinner and they would stay at the dining room table for hours. I never understood what they were doing. Now I understand, you are just having so much fun, you don't dare move to the living room for fear of breaking the groove and having to end the night. Thanks, T and M, we really enjoyed it.

I have also been taken to lunch with 2 friends that was fun, Thanks B and T. Went shopping with a friend, thanks A. Ate at the Olive Garden with 2 more friends and then we did some late night Target shopping, thanks D and K. Anyway, it has been nice and I've been spoiled.

Whoops, forgot to mention that Joe and I had a date to Amsterdam Cafe and then to a movie.

This was my first 39th birthday and I plan to have 10 more, until my 1st 49th birthday. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some Flashback Friday pictures of a younger me.

First though, I'm getting up really early to go Black Friday shopping!!

One of these days I'll tell you about last years birthday and black Friday. It is a memory I'll never forget, and I'm telling you, my friend Anne and I are the smartest people in Auburn!

post signature

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday week, Friend!! Love you!

Julee H. Nappier said...

I;m glad you had a great one..Happy Belated b'day!!!


And...get back to postin, girl!