Monday, March 16, 2009

Monkey Park

We have the greatest park near here. It is called Monkey Park. It is called that because there actually used to be monkeys in cages there. My husband says he remembers them from when he was little. I'm glad they are not there any more. It would make me really sad.


It really is a great park. They have this

and this

and this


and even these. You never see swings anymore. Why not? Swings are the best!!



but wait...with all of this great monkey equipment where are my kids?




Here they are!





and here




and here

This park is awesome. My kids did use the monkey equipment some but the nature and adventure was fun too.




We are going back next month because there is a train that runs around the park from April through September.




post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I have alot of memories in that park! The real monkey's there were great, though and the train used to always run. We used to love walking all in the creeks and trying to catch whatever we could out of them. Good post!! Makes me homesick!

Anonymous said...

I always loved the park. We never had monkeys or real trains. Our parks were just swings, slides, and monkey bars! I still love to swing in those old swings!

Oh and I'm jealous that you are packing for the beach! I only get one week vacation and we are going camping in Oklohoma! No beach for me this year

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Looks like fun.... but I can see why the kids wanted to go exploring... that was an awesome creek.

Heather said...

You probably already know this but they have some sort of summer concert thing also. Well I don't know if you could really call it a concert but music I guess. Never been but always thought sounded fun.