Sunday, February 15, 2009

9 Years Ago!!

9 years ago tonight my husband and I laid in our bed watching the beginning of reality TV. Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire!! Remember that tacky show, it was like a beauty contest, but at the end, this cheezy man came out and got down on one knee with a huge diamond and proposed. But then "Darla" who was the winner wouldn't go through with it. But didn't let that known until days later. Tacky, tacky, tacky, and I'll never forget it... because as we laid there, we were also counting the minutes between my contractions. And as soon as it was over, we got up, called the nurse and headed to the hospital!

I had been having contractions all day, and I was a week late. Kate's due date was Feb. 8th. Once I started having contractions everyone told me to "go for a walk, do jumping jacks, get active and speed those contractions up". So I did, I straightened, I vaccuumed, I raked the whole front yard, I knew company would be coming as soon as we got home. But the more I worked, the got further and further apart the contractions got. So finally, after dinner, as we began to relax, and watch tacky tv, the contractions got closer together.
So we got to the hospital, and without going into too many gory details...after lots of screaming and lots of drugs...here is what I got!


Katherine Cawthorne Garrett
6 lbs. 15 oz.
19 inches long
She has grown and changed so much. The only time I see that baby in her now is when she sleeps, her long eyelashes and the way she holds her mouth.
Okay, crying now. Gotta go to bed.

post signature

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kate! I know it makes me sad how fast they do grow up. I hope she had a great birthday. She is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Lauren's bday is Feb. 15th. Didn't realize they had the same birthday. Lauren's 4 and Hannah just turned 11...You are right the time FLIES by and yes, it makes me cry, too, girl. Tell Kate Happy Birthday!! She's a pretty, pretty girl!

Julee H. Nappier said...

How sweet! Love the one with her and Joe!(:

Happy B'day!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful girl. We can't wait for little Ms. Kate to start babysitting our Mason.

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to Kate! I could listen to "labor stories" over and over! KitKat is sick, but as soon as she's better, let's have coffee!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

I didn't know you were posting again! Sorry, I should have checked! Can't believe your little girl is 9!! And I loved looking at all the pictures. Last night Macy came in from basketball and said she and Kate played against each other. She said, "Mama, Kate's REALLY GOOD!!! She played defense and she was like (and then she demonstrated the now infamous Kate-defense moves)." It was so funny! She said that Kate's a whole lot better at bb than her. She was amazed at all the moves!