Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Me and the Man I'm Married To

I saw this on a friends FaceBook Page and though I wasn't tagged, I thought it was cute. It is a great post for Valentine's Day, so I'm just a little late. I'm not tagging anyone, but if anyone is so inclined to copy, I would love to read it! These things are usually fun. Hope you'll listen to the Faith Hill/Georgia Middleman song playing too.

♥ What are your middle names? Wheeler and Elizabeth

♥ How long have you been together? Since the summer of 1992, married in May 1997 so dating, 17 years (gulp) married almost 12.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? about 9 months, met at work in Sept 1991, he had a girlfriend, then I had a boyfriend, then he came in and swept me up from a cracked (not broken, but cracked) heart. Aint I glad!

♥ Who asked who out? He did, but like I said, we had been friends so neither of us were sure what the other's feelings were.

♥ How old are each of you? I'm 39, he's 37 (he is almost 38!)

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most? It's about equal

♥ Do you have any children together? Two, girl 9, boy 5 (almost 6)

♥ What about pets? Banjo, sweetest dog you'll ever meet, unless you are a cat.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? I don't know, nothing big, little things here and there. We do pretty well.

♥ Did you go to the same school? High school, no, college, yes.

♥ Are you from the same home town? No, I grew up in Peachtree City, Ga he's from LaFayette, AL

♥ Who is the smartest? him, damn it.

♥ Who is the most sensitive? Me, me, me, me, me.....

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? Amsterdam Cafe

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple? San Diego or Jamaica

♥ Who has the craziest exes? me, but none have been crazy like stalking or calling or anything like that. Just crazy while in the relationship. It's all good.

♥ Who has the worst temper? me,me,me,me, me, me, me, me, ...........

♥ Who does the cooking? both of us, but who likes to do the cooking...he does, who despises it...I do.

♥ Who is more social? Me, me, me, me, me!!!!!!!

♥ Who is the neat-freak? I wish we had a neat freak!

♥ Who is the more stubborn? I think he would say me, but I'm just more vocal about it. He quietley gets what he wants, he is not going to be walked on.

♥ Who hogs the bed? neither, we aren't cuddlers, so we tend to keep to ourselves.

♥ Who wakes up earlier? Joe

♥ Where was your first date? Horseback riding in LaFayette

♥ Who has the bigger family? Joe, he is the youngest with 3 sisters, I am the youngest with 2 brothers

♥ Do you get flowers often? Just sometimes, enough times.

♥ How do you spend the holidays? Christmas Eve at the fraternity house (see previous post), Christmas day afternoon at my dad's house, and the weekend following my mother and brothers come to my house and we do it all over again.

♥ Who is more jealous? Neither of us really gets jealous

♥ How long did it take to get serious? I don't know, once we were sure that each of us wanted more than just friendship, it just was...

♥ Who eats more? that's hard, probably me, I love junk, sweets, candy cookies etc...

♥ Who does/ did the laundry? Usually me, sometimes his mom comes over and does it, isn't that nice!

♥ Who’s better with the computer? him, no question.

♥ Who drives when you are together? Him, but I am a great back seat driver, just ask him!


post signature

7 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

Sweet! Cute V'day post!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

I like the "cracked heart" wording. That was fun to read... I've been putting off doing mine... maybe yours will motivate me. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Those were good. Didn't know horseback riding in Lafayette was your first date. How sweet!

Tiffany said...

THAT was cute!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading that. I learned something new. I'm laughing about your response on who is smarter.

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

C'mon... we all have different aspects of intelligence. You, too, are very smart Elizabeth!

Elizabeth said...

I was just answering the question. I'm not smart enough to get analytical on inteligence. Just smart enought to use the word analytical.