Thursday, July 16, 2009

Breaking the Block!

All right so I have writers block (even though I don't think you can really call me a writer) since Earth Day. I just ran out of fun things to say. I don't really think I have much to say now but I'm just gonna try. I'll just start by summarizing our summer I guess.


In May, before school was out, I participated in Operation Boot Camp! I highly recommend it. It was great! I didn't miss a day, and now about 6 weeks after I finished, I am running about 3 miles several times a week! I always said I didn't want to run because I didn't want to have to get a knee replacement. Now, I'm running. Now, I'm icing my knee and limping...only 6 weeks into it. I'm considering signing up for a 10k, which is a little over 6 miles. Even I think I'm an idiot.

The kids had a great June! Kate was swimming with the Auburn Aquatics program and swam in a couple of meets. Wheeler has been taking diving from Jeff Shaffer, Auburn's head diving coach. I think it is amazing that we live in this town where you can get an olympic coach to teach you, and through the city parks and rec at that!!





They both went to Camp! Can you believe I sent my 6 year old to camp! I know, you would never send your 6 year old to camp but I am a bad mommy!! But he begged, and begged, so I let him go. I loved camp as a kid (even though I didn't go until I was 10). They both really had a good time and can't wait to go back. I'm telling you, if you didn't go as a kid, you missed out. And if you think your child might want to go, encourage it, it is so fantastic!!

Went to Lake Martin twice. Got to swim, boat, tube and ride Sea Doos. Thanks Barclay and Tiffany! Had a great time, both times!



Went to the Marshall Tucker concert, which is a post in itself.
Now, we are heading off to New York! We leave Wednesday, can't wait!!! Kate is really excited, she has a little better idea of what to expect.
I'm not sure if I have really "broken the block" but maybe it's a start. I'll keep trying by elaborating on previously mentioned activities.
post signature

2 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julee H. Nappier said...

I am so very proud of you and your running...you're not an idiot! You look and feel great don't you!? You go girl!(:

Hasn't summer flown by! It's so crazy!

Glad you broke the block!