Friday, September 5, 2008

Callaway Gardens



Callaway Gardens is so close to Auburn it is a great place to go and spend a day! We actually went twice this summer and really enjoyed it. There is so much to do. The beach, iceburg island (an inflatable playground in the water), bike riding, putt-putt, etc.. The kids loved it.

We went once with my friend Patrick Ware (who was my next door neighbor when I was 4 and he was 2. We were great friends, it is nice now that our children will know each other even if it is just once a summer that they get to play. I wish I had some pictures of me and Patrick as kids because Leslie Ann looks so much like him and I think Wheeler looks a lot like me.

We also went with my friend Anne Daniels, where we went to Mr. Casons Garden. 5 year old Lily was impressive when she identified Rosemary as we walked by it. She could tell by the smell!! I forgot my camera that day. Sorry Anne, maybe we can go back this fall.

This is a video of Kate flying high on the bungee. I have tried and tried to rotate this video but can't figure it out. Sorry, tilt your head to watch this, it really is cool.


post signature

6 comments:

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

I know I keep saying it but I'm so impressed with your blogger skills! And Callaway did look like a lot of fun. I can't wait to show Macy & Madison Kate's video tomorrow!

barclay said...

Great pictures. Looks like fun!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh I have got to take the girls Stuart Scott would love that!!!!! Go Kate. Heather

Anonymous said...

I love it! I've been checking your blog all week waiting for an update - it was worth the wait! I'll see you Mon. at 8:30!

Julee H. Nappier said...

Hey! I want to go to my blog and look at the slide show I did on Kimbell's soccer tournament in Dothan...notice anything!?


Joe REFUSED to take my good side...check it out!(:

Anonymous said...

HI. I am not sure if this is how you post so we'll see...I finally had a minute to check out your blog and I am so glad I did. It is fantastic! The pictures are great and I am impressed by all the cute stuff but most of all I love reading your posts - quite the witty one you are. Maybe I can keep up with what people are doing through your blog! Anne