Friday, September 19, 2008

To Joe


I don't say it much and I probably say it publicly even less, but I really have a great husband.

Today, he stayed home from work because he really wasn't feeling very well. Well I went to the school to make cookies with Wheeler's class. When I finished it was 11:30, as usual I know that at home there is a pile of laundry that needs to be done, clutter all over the place etc... I really should have gone home, but I do have a few errands to run, so I call Joe to see if he can get the kids off the bus while I run these errands. So I go to pick up shirts from the cleaners, go to Home Depot, and the grocery store to get food for our tailgate...but first...I head downtown to see if I can find any cute jewlery to wear to the tailgate tomorrow. I haven't told Joe about this errand and actually he will probably not find out about it until he reads this (unless he notices the new jewelry, which is just not likely). So about an hour and 1/2 into this 1st errand he calls and says, "I can get the kids off of the bus but when will you be home because I have some errands to run to". Well I haven't run any of my necessary errands yet!!! So I say 3:00 and believe it or not bought my jewelry, and ran the other errands and made it home by 3:10. Not too shabby. He in the meantime, on top of being sick was able to mow the grass, fix the broken toy box, clean out the computer desk, get the kids off of the bus, and do some office work like a conference call and e-mails.

Many times his oh-so-good and perfect personality makes me so mad!! I feel very inadequate most of the time.

So tonight, I'm in the middle of making cookies for tailgate tomorrow, when I have to leave, there is a bunco meeting across the street and I can't miss it, it is important! I get the dough complete and tell him I will bake the cookies when I get home to please just leave the mess and I will get when I get back. He asks if he can please clean it up (1st, how many husbands would do that) and I say NO!! It makes me feel bad, it makes me feel guilty just leave it and I'll get it when I get back. I will be up while the cookies are in the oven I can clean it then. Well the ever important bunco meeting lasted longer than I expected and I came home to a very clean kitchen! Normally,this would have made me mad because that is just the unreasonable wife that I am, but tonight, it was soooooo nice. I also came home to bathed, sleeping children. I am pretty lucky I think.

Thank you Joe, for helping me around the house and putting up with my inadequacies and my pride.

post signature

7 comments:

Julee H. Nappier said...

He really is a good hubby!(:

He has that really noble, quiet, confident, and oh so friendly way about him...yal make an adorable couple!(:

Have fun today...I will be stuck watching the Bama game...boooo!(:

Tiffany said...

That was so sweet! And I'll just keep my mouth shut about the other "errand" you ran! Mimi"s, your's, and Julie's comments on my blog are cracking me up. I hope Mimi doesn't turn on you, too! Have a great day!

Julee H. Nappier said...

That's right...the rath of Mimi is NOT pretty! I know!

Tiffany said...

Uh-oh! Mimi left you a comment! Come see!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

That was so sweet, Elizabeth! And I'll forget what you said today about taking it all back, because, OF COURSE -- I KNOW you were kidding!!! Had fun today!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Joe. Yall compliment each other so well.

Heather said...

Awwww.... I am feeling the love.