Sunday, October 19, 2008

Closest I've Been to Nashville

Man, we had a great weekend!!! A busy weekend! Started Saturday off with Wheeler's soccer game, which was fun. The weather was great. After the game Kate and I went shopping!! We actually enjoyed it! No arguing about clothes we agreed on what we thought was cute etc... We went to Starbucks, where they had these cute activity notebooks (the kind with crossword puzzles, mad lib type games etc...), perfect for her age, on the clearance table. The books were originally $5.99 so I figured, clearance would be a great price...I was right, it was free!!! I don't know why exactly, but it was. Then I look down and they have these sample cups or hot chocolate, not the little shot glass samples, a 6 oz. cup of hot chocolate, Free!! So I came out of there with a happy 8 year old, FREE!!

Today, I helped give a baby shower for a neighbor. It is her first baby and I think that all of us in the neighborhood are about as excited as she is! She is so cute and she and T (or Santa Claus as I like to call him) are going to be great parents!

Now, the best part of the whole weekend was last night. My friend, Heather, invited us and some friends to her company party. This is no ordinary company party. I promise Mr. Wells, if I ever start a business, I'll use your services!! This company party was called a Night in Nashville. It was like going to the Bluebird Cafe. 2 singer songwriters from Nashville came down to the Hank Williams museum in downtown Montgomery and sat on their stools, told the stories behind their songs and sang them to us. Radney Foster was one of them!!! You should recognize his name and if you don't, I know you would recognized his songs. I knew every country song played on the radio in the late 80's through the 90's, and his songs were a lot of them. He hit the charts several times with his own recordings and is hitting the charts still with his songs being recorded by some big names like Keith Urban, Sara Evans, and Tim McGraw. I have a few playing for you now but not many can be found on Playlist, he has a bunch you know. The other writer was Georgia Middleman, I had not heard of her, but when she sang her songs, I knew quite a few of them. She is a great singer and performer but I couldn't find her at all on playlist. Her songs have been recorded by artists like Faith Hill and Terri Clark. We had 2 uninterupted hours of great music!!

One of the songs that you hear now (if you don't read too fast) is the Dixie Chicks "Godspeed" I sang that song to Wheeler every night while I rocked him to sleep. Well, Radney Foster wrote that song, but I didn't know that. I nearly jumped out of my seat when he started singing that one. I almost ran up to the microphone to sing it with him, but it wasn't that kind of night. That wouldn't have been respectful. Neither would videoing every song he sang and hooping & hollering like we were in the omni. Who would do that?
We went with Jay and Jennifer and Stephen and Weatherly. We really had a great time with them. They are 2 couples we've known for a while and have always considered friends, but have never had the chance to really go out and hang out together. I had a blast. The car rides, the dinner, the venue were all great fun and I'm so glad we got to do it with such fun people. Sorry Weatherly for making you run with your hurt toe. Thanks Jay for helping her out.
Here are some photos and make sure you listen to the music, you'll recognize it I'm sure!








Heather, Kevin and Mr. Wells, thanks so much for having us!! When you do it again "I'm In"!!

post signature

9 comments:

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

How much fun! Doing something special like that is always refreshing and energizing for me.

Heather said...

Hey glad ya'll had fun - as Georgia says.... "Lets do it again sometime!" Oh Kevin says put the video up no big deal.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Looks like soooo much fun! I hope we can go next time! Love your pictures, too!(:

The Hinesley House said...

Hey.....sorry I have been neglecting my blogger duties lately. I have been so busy but hopefully I can get back into the swing of things. The baby just started walking....I guess that explains why I have been so busy! Ha

Elizabeth said...

I had no idea about Heather. Is she okay? I'll go over tomorrow. Had a blast on Sunday, thank you for everything!! It was a wonderful shower. Going to blog about it tomorrow, we had baby class tonight! Again, thanks for putting so much effot into it.
E.

Daphine said...

Sounds like you had a very fun filled weekend! I really enjoyed reading all about it. Great pictures and great post!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like a ton of fun!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Girl, sounds like you were in your element! Joe, you need to take Elizabeth to Nashville sometime! Glad ya'll had fun!

michele said...

Your blog is fun! And your header is so cool!! Thanks for stopping by my blog! On Friday I will post a giveaway so come back and see me. :)