Friday, October 10, 2008

Flashback Friday

Just found Flashback Friday on The Carroll Crew http://kamrynandchristian.blogspot.com/ where she posts old (flashback) photos. I love that idea!

I decided the best Flashback to do right now would be a flasback for my Dad. He is in the hospital right now, he just had open heart surgery and is having a really rough time with his recovery. He is on my mind all the time right now.

This is a picture of him in his glory days, he was the pitcher for the Auburn University Baseball Team. I think this was in 1956 or 1957. I'd say he is about 23 in this picture as he was drafted for the Korean War before he came to Auburn. He was pretty darn handsome don't you think?


I Love you, Daddy.

post signature

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

That one made me tear-up. We're praying for your dad! XO

Julee H. Nappier said...

That is really sweet, Elizabeth.(:

Yes, he is very handsome. He has those beautiful eyes that have been carried down to your children.

I hope and pray for a full recovery for him.

Daphine said...

What a sweet post! My father-in-law just had a quintuple bypass surgery about a month ago. He's doing well, but it was a pretty serious surgery. What a thoughtful thing to post about. Blessings to you and your dad.

Christian - Modobject@Home said...

What a wonderful post! Here's hoping that your dad regains more strength each day. God bless your family.

Anonymous said...

Heard from Joe at the Auburn game on how your Dad's doing. We will keep him in our prayers. I definitely got teary eyed reading your blog. I know how it feels to think about your Daddy all the time! I am enjoying reading your blogs...you do a great job!

Elizabeth said...

Hope your dad gets better. Let us know if you need anything.

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

You have handled this whole ordeal with your dad so well. I know how difficult it's been, but you never seem to let it get you down. You dad is lucky to have you! And I'm so glad he's doing much better now.

Elizabeth Channel said...

Sweet! I will be thinking of him. (Auburn grad here.)