Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Love a Good Ghost Story!!!!!!

You usually think any ghost story is going to take place in an old, turn of the century house, right? Well is 2 1/2 years old enough for ya!

I have a neighbor who lives across the street. She has been in her house right about 2 1/2 years. One night probably about a year ago, somehow, all the girls are together and we get on ghost subjects. Probably because another neighbor's husband grew up in a true antebellum home and his brother was interviewed by Katie Couric or the today show about the ghost in their house. (But that is a story for her to blog about) Anyway, the subject comes up and my friend J says, "We think we have a ghost in our house". What!!! The house you live in right now? The brand new house, that our other neighbor just finished building!!

"Yep. We hear running up and down the halls and the kids are all asleep, once I was in the playroom on the computer and I heard someone sneaking up on me but when I turned around to say "gotcha" there was no one there."

OOOhhhh! We all say. Well some of the girls are done with that conversation. Don't want to hear anymore of that, it's freaking them out. Not me, I want to hear more. I'm getting all into this! Love it!

So she goes on to tell us that the morning after someone snuck up on her, her 6 year old son says at the breakfast table. "There was a girl in my room last night". J-"What, did you have a bad dream?" K-"No, there was a girl in my room last night" J-"No, I think you were dreaming" K-"No, I wasn't she had long dark hair, and she was blue". J - "Well then why didn't you come and get me?" K-"Because I didn't want her to know I was awake".

That was a year ago, and that child has not slept in that room again. He has been sleeping on the couch for a year now.


So, now, another neighbor, who has been living in the neighborhood less that a year has a blog, she doesn't know J's story, and today... Here is her post:

"Yes, these are drawings on my kitchen wall. (Linzi, make a note to secure all writing utensils out of reach), but this story is NOT about toddler creativity with markers, nail polish, yogurt, toothpaste..... This is about Camryn and her Witch. I'm capitalizing Witch, because Witch is now part of our family. Camryn had been talking about the witch in her room for quite some time, Saturday after Thanksgiving to be exact. Black Friday was my last night of uninterrupted sleep in my own bed. Every night since, I have been either woken by Camryn calling to me or just slept in her bed with her. I know many of you are thinking that she is using the witch to sleep with Mom and Dad, but I'm not sure that's the case. The first time the witch showed up, it was in the afternoon. Camryn was "scared" of the witch in her room. I told her witches weren't real, they were just cartoons. Every time after, she would tell me she wasn't scared of the witch in her room, it was just a cartoon, and then wake in the night crying about the witch. When I told her she couldn't leave her Big Girl bed and come in Mommy and Daddy's room to sleep, we found her sleeping on the Hardwood floor outside our room. It broke my heart, so I decided that making her feel safe was more important than the stigma of a child that won't sleep alone. Over the last couple of months, Witch has shown up in the kitchen mid-day, in the corner of her room, on the ceiling in the hall, but always out of the blue. We've swept Witch out the back door, vacuumed Witch up, scolded Witch away, but Witch has become a permanent resident.
The great thing about Witch is that "she" is not scary or mean. She's purple, with long hair, and a girl. After being asked so many times about Witch, Camryn finally decided to draw her (maybe life-size) on the kitchen wall. I'm sure she'll eventually go away, but until then, every day, as darkness falls, pajamas are put on , Camryn asks me "you sleep in my Big Girl bed?". And I do... hoping that night will be my last. So if anyone would like to adopt a nice, female, purple witch with long hair you can inquire under Camryn's bed. She's free to a good home! "


OOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!! So how about that! Did you get Chill Bumps cause I sure did. I love this stuff, but if the Indigo Girl comes to my house (both of these houses are within 150 yards from my house)...I'm puttin this thing up for sale! Well, it's gettin late and time for me to go to bed. I think tonight, I'll leave a few lights on and make the dog come upstairs to sleep by the bed.
post signature

8 comments:

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Can you believe this??? I'm going to blog about it, too! A two year old saying the same thing Kimbell did over a year ago... I can't get over it!

Julee H. Nappier said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julee H. Nappier said...

I'm getting to the bottom of this...something is crazy, strange around here!

Just call me The Ghost Hunter!!!(:

da da da....

Anonymous said...

I have chills! See if you can get Ghost Hunters (TAPS) out there.

Anonymous said...

Wow - I will be leaving a few lights on myself tonight - how freaky deaky!

Anonymous said...

That is TOO weird...but I believe it. I wasn't sure about ghost stuff until a good friend told me about the time she saw the ghost of a little boy. There was no mistaking it. This was six or seven years later and my friend was still very shaken by the experience.

I hope you'll follow up and post more info from neighbors!

Tiffany said...

The Backstreet Ghost is freaky!

Heather said...

Well that settles it I am not moving in yo hood for sure now!