Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Nothing Says Holidays Like .... The Frat House?!


Yup, that's what I said, the Frat house. We spend Christmas Eve at The Auburn Theta Xi house. Really!
It is actually great. Joe's mom is the Theta Xi house mom and all the boys are gone, so we cook a big feast and have all of Joe's sisters, brother in laws, nieces, nephews etc.... There are at least 20 of us, so it is nice...plenty of room.
Only last year, Ni Ni's christmas tree was stolen!! On December 23! I'm sure some other fraternity like Beta, or KA thought that was just a great prank...but there were no boys there to get the joke. Only NiNi, who didn't think it was funny at all. She made sweet Michelle come over there on Christmas Eve and put together another artificial tree and decorate it. The rest of us didn't help it all. But you can always count on Michelle to pull it together for the family.
I wish I knew the Theta Xi handshake, or code words or whatever brotherly secret they have. It could be our secret meaning for Merry Christmas! I wonder how NiNi would feel if we pulled out a funnell; or maybe we could just play a nice family game of three man, I might be able to remember the rules to that one. But I don't think Santa should drive his sleigh after that.


post signature

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool! Ni-Ni has got the party house for sure! Heather

barclay said...

Glad you are posting again. I needed something to read this morning.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Glad you're back!!(:

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

So happy all of us bloggers are back in business! Elizabeth, I can't think of a better way for you to celebrate Christmas -- I know how much you loved those frat houses! Looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Kelli was here ... and reading. I love catching up with you through this blog ... I still can't get over how much Kate's pictures remind me of you ... maybe it is because I haven't seen your since we were that age :) We need to get together someday!

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll had a good Christmas. I love that game twister.

Emmy said...

What a fun (albeit somewhat unusual) way to spend Christmas!
Love your posts...hope Wheeler and Kate had a great Christmas!