Monday, January 19, 2009

Honest Scrap




Okay, I've been tagged again. 10 honest things about me. Here goes.





1. I'm actually pretty smart, but I hide it well. If I'm interested in a subject, I can learn it pretty quickly. I am just not very up on important things, like politics, economics etc... I call myself a democrat, because of the social issues. I think I'm pretty liberal. Maybe that makes me a Libertarian but I don't know because I don't know what that is...duh....I'm not stupid, but for some reason, never got to that place in my life where I turned on the news instead of HGTV. I think I might be getting there soon though...After they give away the HGTV Dream House.

2. I don't watch football. I know I might get arrested for living in this town and saying that, but I don't. I love tailgating, but when it is time for the game to start, I head home...to watch HGTV, or to the mall, it is really not very crowded on certain Saturday's around here. I was thrilled when Jack asked Joe to go to the Auburn v Alabama game in Tuscaloosa this year because that meant I could pretend it wasn't even happening. And I did, I think the kids and I went to a movie.

3. I have control issues. I think some people would say "What!?" to that because I come across as pretty laid back. But I think if you ask my husband or my daughter they would agree. I can't delegate or give chores because I think I have to do it all myself or it won't get done right. I try to nicely suggest things for my daughter to wear to school, but when she rejects my idea, I get all in a tizzy. It's bad, and Kate suffers for it.

4. I wish more than anything I could turn the clock back to right after Wheeler was born and be less of a Mommy Dearest to Kate. I would turn it back even further if I weren't afraid it would change the fact that Wheeler is here or something Back to the Futurish like that.

5. I second guess every thing I say. After I have a conversation with anyone, I go over it in my head and think "I shouldn't have said that", or "I hope that didn't sound like I meant...",

6. I love staying up late. Sitting around with a group of friends girls or couples and just talking.
7. I can remember almost anything. I can tell you what grade I was in when a song was popular. I can remember a story you told me about people I don't even know, and can probably remember their names. I can remember all of my teachers from High School, Junior High and Elementary School. I can probably remember all or most of my classmates in those classes. At least through Junior High.

8. I try my best to avoid Name Brand Items. At least if there is any type of logo showing. I don't want my son walking around with a Tommy Hilfiger flag on his chest. You'll probably never see me in a Lexus or a Mercedes. Honda or Nissan is more my speed.

9. I have no will power at all. I can not resist cookies or candy. My latest vice is a calorie packed coffee from Starbucks. The good thing about this is I knew this about myself from a very early age. (Because I could eat a pound bag of M&M's in an hour and never blink) And because I knew this about myself, I knew never to try any drugs, I was so afraid I would like them and would never be able to stop.

10. I don't want to go back to work. Not yet, Although there are some jobs that are very appealing. Even though Wheeler is now in full day Kindergarten. I am such an unorganized person I feel that this is possibly my chance to get a handle on things around here and have a somewhat neat house, laundry done, and bills that are paid on time, etc...I'm working on food on the table at night but that might be when he starts junior high. I am hoping to just get rich and famous from this blog. Help me Out!!
So who am I tagging. Well I think my close little circle of bloggers is all taken so I'm branching out. Dona Markert, I bet you are a pretty good writer. A at the Hinesly House, (maybe this will get you back on the wagon), Dani at My Little Munchkins http://icrafty.com/, Searcy Kelly, it will be interesting to hear honest thoughts from a brand new mom as so much of life as you know it changes once a baby comes, ditto for you too Elizabeth Spratlin. One more, Lea Davis Roark I think I saw that you have a blog and it has been a while since you posted, so maybe this will make you want to write.

post signature

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.... we have a lot in common! Except for the staying up late!
I always find myself saying, "what I meant was...." I need to stop that!

Check out the giveaway today! I just posted my 100th post!

Anonymous said...

Hey Elizabeth I enjoyed reading your facts. Hope you are doing good. Talk to you soon.

Julee H. Nappier said...

Girl, I am with you on the football issue totally...it was one of my 10 things, too!

Elizabeth said...

Hi E! I enjoyed getting to know you even better through your tag answers. Everything is great, thanks for asking. Come for a visit soon, I need a babysitter so I can get my answers together. :) E.

barclay said...

Good stuff. You do have an amazing memory. Makes up for my terrible one. Sometimes I wonder if I had amnesia or was raised somewhere else, because my memories of childhood are so vague! Maybe I blocked it out!!! Glad to read it.

Anonymous said...

ok - am I a stalker if I make sure to read all of your blogs and comment them? you inspire me to get into this whole blog world that I know NOTHING about - besides - I hate using punctuation and I teach Language Arts - isn't that a mortal sin? - thanks for sharing your honest thoughts Elizabeth

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

I'm so envious of your memory. I agree with Barclay... no memories of growing up! Thanks for telling us all of your "honest scrap!"

Tiffany said...

I'm smart, too. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,
Just wanted to let you know I stopped by and I have enjoyed reading your posts. However, I'm telling everyone in Auburn that you don't watch football!!!! What's wrong with you. You can't live in Alabama and not watch the football. Your husband is going to be furious. J/K. Football isn't for everyone.............
Ernie Jackson

Heather said...

Hey.... well I have to comment on the memory thing too. I feel like I live in a fog. I cannot remember ANYTHING. It was never great but when I had children they sucked what little memory I had right on out of my head.

Elizabeth said...

Tiffany, I know your smart too.

Searcy said...

I enjoyed reading your "honest scrap"! This might be a dumb question, but after I copy, where do I paste?

Anonymous said...

Very cool stuff, E! Find me on Facebook! I can't seem to find you. :)