Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Son!!


Okay, if you read yesterday's post you know that I had to take W to the doctor to get playdough out of his ear! But playdough in his ear is only one example what an adventure his life must be for him everyday.
Yesterday I went to check him out of school to go to the doctor and as he is coming down the hall, I think..."He has got jelly all over his face." No, he's all scratched up, and his lip is busted.
"What happened?" I say
"Well, I was jumping off of the playground and my foot got tangled up in Adrevian's head, and so I did a flip and landed with my face in the bark."
Which reminds me, right before Christmas, I went to school to have lunch with him. Right after lunch is recess, so out we go to the playground, now I hear Wheeler and Beckett talking about skydiving but I don't know what they are talking about. I'm sitting on the bench with his teacher who suddenly nudges me and says "You gonna let him go that high?" (He is standing on the top of the monkey bars). I say, "well, I don't know, is it against the rules, is it gonna cause problems with the other children?" She says, "Your his mama, if you wanna let him go that high, it's ok with me". Just then he jumps! Lands on his feet, sort of, and goes again.

A few weeks ago, a good friend of mine was having a birthday party for her little man. About 40 minutes after I dropped him off, she called to lovingly say "I'm just calling to tell you that I could not be his mother!"
"Oh, I thought you were calling to tell me he got hurt"
"No, but he should be. He has fallen out of the treehouse, backward and has gone higher on the rope swing than anyone has ever gone before.
"
Whew!!! I love that little monkey! Like I said, adventure. These are just a few, and I mean a small few, examples. I'm so glad I get to be his mother.
post signature

6 comments:

Heather said...

Hmmm??? Girls and all the drama or wild Indian boys?

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth I am right there with you girl.. Just yesterday I won't mention any names except one of the boys was in the firepit covered in old ash. He was completely brown from head to toe. Today, the same child got spray sun screen and decided to spray all the windows. Like you said life is an adventure!

Elizabeth said...

I bet I know which child that was!!

Julee H. Nappier said...

I know which one...the one that nearly burnt down the house??

Elizabeth,

He's ALL boy alright, but he'll always be your sweet baby.(: Gotta luv them boys!

Glad we get to experience one of each!

Amanda at Amanda's Parties To Go said...

Definitely wild Indian boys, Heather! And Elizabeth, I love that first picture of Wheeler! Just think, one day he'll be all grown up and you'll be full of stories to tell his wife and children!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog!

My 6 year old little girl is like you son. Always doing something I would never dream she would! My oldest son, is just relaxed. He'd never try anything without asking. I honestly don't know which is worse ha ha